Personal Data Policy
(Last updated: February 2018)
Yitu Pte. Ltd. (“YITU”) aims to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and respects your choices in respect of your personal data.
For more information about the PDPA, please visit the Personal Data Commission’s website at http://pdpc.gov.sg.
For the purpose of this Statement, “we”,” our” and “us” shall refer to YITU.
This Personal Data Policy (“Policy”) describes the types of Personal Data we may collect from you, how we may use that information, and with whom we may share it. Our Policy also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the information you provide to us, including without limitation through this Website. We also tell you how you can reach us to update your Personal Data, ask questions you may have about our personal data protection practices and provide feedback on our personal data protection practices.
“Personal Data” in this Policy means data about an individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, the data controller.
“Personal Information” means any information provided by you, which can be used to identify you, such information include but are not limited to your name, address or e-mail address.
- Collection of Personal Data
The types of Personal Data that we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Email Address
- Contact Number
You may have provided the Personal Data to us personally or authorised other individuals to provide the Personal Data to us and consent (on your behalf) to our collection of your Personal Data from these individuals. These individuals could be your superiors, employees, subordinates, colleagues and your family members.
Where you give us Personal Data about other individuals, you confirm that you are authorised to disclose and consent, on their behalf, to the processing of such Personal Data for the purposes described in the section “Purposes for Collection, Disclosure and Use of Personal Information”, or other purposes for which your consent has been sought and obtained.
By accessing and browsing this website (“Site”) you accept and agree to be bound by YITU’s Policy governing the manner and use of your Personal Information by YITU. If you do not accept or agree with this Personal Data Policy, you should leave this Site immediately and cease any further use of any materials you have obtained from this Site and not provide YITU with any of your Personal Information.
- Purposes for Collection, Disclosure and Use of Personal Information
YITU only collects, uses, and/or discloses Personal Data for purposes which you have consented to and for which we have been authorised. If we need to use your Personal Data for any purpose which you have not previously consented to, we will take all reasonable steps to seek your consent prior to using your Personal Data for the new purpose. YITU does not sell or rent Personal Data that we collect from individuals, including our website visitors.
YITU may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide YITU’s services and products to you, such as the delivery of the products to you and providing technical assistance to you.
- to communicate with you for marketing purposes;
- to contact you for customer satisfaction surveys and research purposes;
- for YITU’s internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve YITU’s products, services, and customer communications; and/or
- for safety, security and legal compliance.
YITU may share and disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties as is necessary, in order to fulfil the purposes listed above:
- our parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates (“YITU Group of Companies”). In such an event, YITU will only transfer, and YITU Group of Companies, will only use and disclose your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and the applicable laws;
- YITU’s professional advisors, including without limitation,
- YITU’s professional, financial and legal advisors, tax advisors, auditors, insurers and insurance brokers;
- YITU’s third party service providers who provide payment, administrative or other services in connection to the operation of this website and/or YITU’s business; and/or
- Vendors, service providers and consultants that have been engaged to help, manage, operate, administer and run YITU’s operations and business process or provide services to facilitate our provision of products and services; and
- External contractors to provide consultancy and evaluative services to YITU and for YITU’s products and services, or organise events for YITU.
- reputable companies who are our partners and may need to collect and maintain certain subscriber information to help YITU improve YITU’s services and products; and/or
- any acquirer whom YITU may sell all or part of its business to, in which event, YITU may disclose your Personal Data to enable the acquirer to continue to provide the services and products to you.
YITU requires that the parties to whom we transfer Personal Data to and our service providers implement adequate levels of protection in order to protect Personal Data. We also require that these parties only process Personal Data strictly for purposes for which we engage them for and consistent with the purposes for which consent has been sought and obtained, or otherwise provided for in this Policy.
YITU will not reveal your Personal Data to any third parties unless such disclosure is:
- to establish, exercise or defend YITU’s legal rights, or otherwise required to do so by law;
- to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual or corporate entities;
- to investigate suspected unlawful activities such as fraud, intellectual property infringement or breach of privacy;
- in order to comply with a court order or direction from a government agency or regulatory authority ordering the disclosure of the Personal Data;
- where the disclosure is necessary for investigations or legal proceedings;
- with your written consent;
- as otherwise expressly provided for under this Policy;
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
- Protection and Security of Personal Data
YITU employs a range of technological and physical security arrangements and maintain safeguards to protect against the accidental or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, deletion and other similar risks to Personal Data.
- Retention of your Personal Data
YITU only retains Personal Data for as long as the retention is required for the purposes for which we collected the Personal Data, the purposes described in the Policy, and for our business and legal purposes. Generally, we do not retain Personal Data for a period of longer than 7 years after the original purposes for which the Personal Data was collected have ceased to be applicable, unless otherwise required by law or other mandatory directions by court or government authorities or for purposes of legal proceedings or other similar proceedings or investigations. We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Data in our possession is destroyed as soon as retention of such data is no longer necessary.
- Update or Correcting Your Personal Data
YITU takes reasonable measures to ensure that the Personal Data we collect about individuals are accurate and complete. If there is any change or update in Personal Data or if there is a need to correct any Personal Data of yours, please write to us and provide us with the following details:
- Your name and an email address or mailing address at which we can contact you.
- The nature of our relationship with you.
- The Personal Data for which there has been a change, update or correction.
You may send your requests to the Data Protection Officer at the contact details listed further below.
YITU will, upon your written request to our Data Protection Officer at the email address provided herein, allow you to view or amend your Personal Information.
YITU reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for any viewing of your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
YITU reserves the right to deny you access to your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
- Modification of this Policy
YITU reserves the right to modify and change the contents of this Policy from time to time and the updated versions will be posted on our website and date stamped so that you are aware of when this Policy was last updated. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the contents of this Policy and agree that continued use of this Site and YITU’s services after any such changes or modification shall constitute your consent to such changes or modification. YITU does not and will not assume any obligation to notify you of any changes or modification to the Policy.
- Withdrawal of Consent and Contact
If you wish to withdraw your consent for our collection and/or use of your Personal Data, or wish to contact us in relation to this Policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at address below:
Yitu Pte. Ltd.
8 Marina View
Asia Square Tower 1
- Complaint Process
If you have any complaints regarding YITU’s compliance with this Policy, you should first contact our Data Protection Officer. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with this Policy and PDPA.
- Governing Law
This Policy shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.