Founded in 2012, YITU Technology (YITU) is a pioneer in Artificial Intelligence (AI) research and innovation. Integrating state-of-the-art AI technologies, we strive to create AI applications that build a safer, smarter and more secure world.
Our unique facial recognition platform has been deployed at multiple large-scale events such as the G20 Summit, BRICS Summit and the Boao Forum for Asia, providing enhanced security to improve the effectiveness of law enforcement efforts. In healthcare, clinical trials for our intelligent diagnostic assistance system have been launched in a number of top-tier hospitals (Grade 3A) in China to assist healthcare professionals in clinical diagnoses.
YITU’s world-class facial recognition algorithms have been validated by leading independent evaluation laboratories. In June 2017, YITU placed first in four of six categories of the Face Recognition Vendor Test (FRVT), organised by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). In the Face Recognition Prize Challenge (FRPC) hosted by the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA), YITU outperformed international competitors to emerge the winner in the face identification accuracy segment in November 2017.
In May 2017, YITU received Series C funding of US$55 million from Hillhouse Capital Group and other investors. YITU’s existing investors include Yunfeng Capital, Banyan Capital, Sequioa Capital and ZhenFund, who participated in YITU’s Series A and Series B fundraisings.
CO-FOUNDER & CEO, YITU TECHNOLOGY
Leo Zhu is the Co-Founder and CEO of YITU Technology. He received his PhD in Statistics from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and was a student of Professor Alan Yuille, a disciple of Stephen William Hawking, specialising in statistical modeling of computer vision and AI.
Leo was a post-doctoral fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) AI laboratory, specialising in the study of brain science and computational photography. He was also a research fellow at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University (NYU), helmed by Yann Lecun, who is renowned for being the founder of deep learning.
CO-FOUNDER, YITU TECHNOLOGY
Lin Chenxi is the Co-Founder of YITU Technology. In his former role as senior expert at Alibaba Cloud, Lin led a team of over hundred senior engineers to set up the Apsara distributed cloud computing operating system, the largest of its kind with independent intellectual property rights in China.
Before joining the Alibaba Group, Lin was with Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), specialising in the fields of machine learning, computer vision, information retrieval and distributed systems.
Lin received his Masters degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2005. In 2002, Lin was selected as a member of the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ACM-ICPC) team, and the team emerged as champion of the ACM-ICPC, marking an inaugural win by a team from Asia. Lin was also an outstanding student, having received the first Chancellor of Shanghai Jiao Tong University Award in 2003.
GENERAL MANAGER OF SOUTHEAST ASIA, HONG KONG & MACAU, YITU TECHNOLOGY
Lance Wang is the General Manager of Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Macau at YITU Technology, a pioneer in Artificial Intelligence (AI) research and innovation.
Leading YITU Technology’s newly-established international office in Singapore, Lance oversees YITU Technology’s business operations in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Macau. His responsibilities also include cultivating partnerships with governments and system integrators, to contribute to building a technology ecosystem in the region, with a specific focus on AI and facial recognition applications.
Before joining YITU Technology in 2016, Lance served as General Manager of Siemens Building Technology’s Security Business Division where he helped to accelerate business growth and sales of Siemens’ security solutions.
Prior to Siemens, Lance led Tyco’s Shanghai operations as General Manager of Tyco Shanghai.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR OF SOUTHEAST ASIA, HONG KONG & MACAU, YITU TECHNOLOGY
Scott Ong is the Technical Director of Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Macau at YITU Technology where he leads the design and delivery of YITU’s Artificial Intelligence solutions.
He brings with him more than 20 years of technical and business management experience across various industries including Public Safety, Law Enforcement, Building Management, Retail and Manufacturing. Over the past decade, Scott has focused on developing core solutions for Smart City and Biometrics Security initiatives.
Drawing on his deep industry knowledge, insights into the commercial applications of emerging technologies, and customer relationships forged over his career, Scott has successfully developed and delivered on multiple projects from Asia to the Americas.
Scott graduated from RMIT with a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- YITU launched its first international office in Singapore to better serve the Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau and Oceania regions
- Received US$55 million in Series C funding from Hillhouse Capital Group and other investors
- Ranked first in the Face Recognition Vendor Test and winner of the Face Recognition Prize Challenge
- Strategic collaboration with Microsoft to integrate YITU’s AI solutions into Microsoft’s AZURE Cloud Computing Platform for Smart City applications
- Announced plans to establish an R&D Hub in Singapore
- Received Series B funding from Yunfeng Capital
- YITU’s facial recognition platform provided security support at top-level events including the G20 Summit and Boao Forum for Asia
- YITU’s intelligent diagnosis assistance products for chest CT scans launched in a range of 3A hospitals in China
- YITU’s facial recognition platform was awarded the Science and Technology Progress Award by China’s Ministry of Public Security
- YITU’s facial recognition technology was rolled out across 1,500 China Merchants Bank branches in China
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank deployed YITU’s facial recognition platform for video teller machines (VTM) and mobile banking face authentication
- Received Series A funding from Sequoia Capital and Banyan Capital
- Received angel round funding from ZhenFund
- YITU Technology was founded